Here's a bullet point guide on Catalyst:
- Run iPad apps on macOS
- macOS 13.0 only
- Supports most of iOS (i.e. no ARKit)
- Adds macOS sandbox support (and a
- Uses Settings.bundle for automatic macOS Preferences
- You can build full-fledged macOS apps
- You can sell your apps outside of the Mac App Store
- Dynamic Type is disabled as it doesn't exist on macOS. Everything is Large
- Your whole app, when run on macOS, is resized to 77% of the original size. That's all automatic and in the background
- A default menu bar for your app.
- Support for trackpad, mouse, and keyboard input.
- Support for window resizing and full-screen display.
- Mac-style scroll bars.
- Copy-and-paste support.
- Drag-and-drop support.
- Support for system Touch Bar controls.
Apart from that, another major difference is that the Application Lifecycle behaves slightly different. We will look at that next.